Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let it Snow!



Something about the snow brings joy and excitement to my heart!!
I know this is true for many people, and being who I am...well, I naturally ask why.
Is it the reality of the snow that brings this wonder? The look? The feel? The idea? The result?

For me it is the feel. It makes the inside of our home feel warmer and the colors of our scarves more vibrant in comparison to the purity it holds. The reality of the frozen drops of water is not anything exciting to me, for I prefer to observe our frosted farm from my bedroom window rather than engage in anything that could result in frozen fingers and freezing feet.

Let it snow!...not for the sake of snow itself, but for the gift of joy that it brings to our home. Yes, the snow is ideal for me. It supplies a lovely contrast of color and temperature and makes baking Christmas cookies in the kitchen that much more appropriate! Oh let it snow.

No comments: