Saturday, December 20, 2008

Idealism

Idealism can be a disease. I find myself sick with this disease at times, suffering with the symptoms of discontent and thoughts of what could be. It eats away at the joy I could so easily have if I would only turn my eyes to Jesus and look at the moments in my life as blessings that could only possibly come from Him.
Life is never going to be "good" unless it is accepted as it is. Often when watching movies, especially around Christmas time, I long for the "warmth" and "joy" and just "idealism" that they portray. I am filled with discontent and a longing for more... Oh how foolish I am! My eyes are blinded to the reality of my own blessed life by a glimpse into lives of people who were merely imagined. How pathetic is this? I do not know that I have a point, for my thoughts rarely reach conclusions, but I do know that this is a problem; and, like every other problem in my life, I can not solve it on my own.
God is able to solve it; therefore, I do not worry. I am not troubled. The Lord is my strength, and only He is able to rescue me from my discontent. He fully satisfies me. I need no idealism. He is my warmth and joy. What more could I need?

No comments: