Friday, April 25, 2008

Why oh why?

Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would be sitting here, writing a blog simply for my own enjoyment. Since when have I enjoyed writing? That was sudden... out of the blue...
Honestly, as I try to think of "just the right thing to say," I am saddened by my pride. Why must I always be so concerned by how I am perceived? I am letting it go. Simple surrender...

Rule #1: All blogs posted here must be honest and real. What I am REALLY thinking. No facades. No fake smiles. No pretending.
Rule #2: Let it all out. So often I hold my thoughts, concerns, and feelings deep inside...unwilling to let anyone else carry my burden with me. Afraid that I am being selfish. Afraid to open up. Jesus is my deepest and closest comfort and friend and always will be; however He understands me completely. I am choosing to write all of this here in hopes of better understanding myself. Bear with me, any who read.

Rollercoaster. That is my word for the day. I do not understand at the moment, but that does not mean that I am confused. I realize that every trial I face is simply another opportunity to learn and grow. You are supposed to enjoy rollercoasters, right? Well, I am praying my way through this one. "Consider it joy," as Paul puts it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley --- it's Elise :)

I think it's great that you're keeping a blog/journal of sort to let out your emotions. What I have found is, it's almost a good thing to have it public, because I have had so many people tell me they feel what I feel. I honestly believe that God wants us all to be able to communicate and carry each other through rough times. After all, why should we go through it all alone? Yes, we have our Savior with us -- which is the greatest blessing we will ever know -- but what about the others? The ones who don't know the truth, the ones who keep running in circles and don't know where to go? I truly do believe that we are all to help each other.

I want you to know that you're always in my prayers, and I'm so thankful for our friendship. I'm sure I'll enjoy reading your entries, and as said, I'll be praying for you that things get easier.

Love you!
Elise